What did I learn this week (2021) - 16
- Learned how to cherry-pick merge commits from one branch to another.
- Gini Coefficient/Gini Ratio/ Gini Index - It is a measure of statistical dispersion intended to represent the income inequality or wealth inequality within a nation or any other group of people. It was developed by the Italian statistician and sociologist Corrado Gini.
- MariaDB is a community-developed, commercially supported fork of the MySQL relational database management system, intended to remain free and open-source software under the GNU General Public License. Development is led by some of the original developers of MySQL, who forked it due to concerns over its acquisition by Oracle Corporation in 2009.
- AWS OpenSearch is a community-driven, open source fork of Elasticsearch and Kibana. Amazon's blog post and related HN discussion on the same topic.
- Photopea is a free online clone of Adobe Photoshop. It really helped me to generate some random icons for my side project.
- Learned about the Site Engagement in Chromium projects. If you go to
chrome://site-engagement/a table is shown about different sites you've browsed and your engagement score with each site.