What did I learn this week (2021) - 14
- Candling is a method used in embryology to study the growth and development of an embryo inside an egg. A youtube shorts video helped me to learn this.
- Jerusalem syndrome is a group of mental phenomena involving the presence of religiously-themed obsessive ideas, delusions, or other psychosis-like experiences that are triggered by a visit to the city of Jerusalem. The religious focus of Jerusalem syndrome distinguishes it from other phenomena, such as Stendhal syndrome in Florence or Paris syndrome in Paris.
- While trying to learn system design, I found a very good technical blog by Tian Pan
- Learned about 39 cloud design patterns.
- Bulkhead: One of the 39 cloud pattern is named after the bulkhead of ships. A bulkhead is an upright wall within the hull of a ship or within the fuselage of an aeroplane.
- List of curated lists for (Thanks to Shresya Doshi):
- SWIG is a software development tool that connects programs written in C and C++ with a variety of high-level programming languages.
- There are 5 Pontoon bridges over Suez Canal. A pontoon bridge (or ponton bridge), also known as a floating bridge, uses floats or shallow-draft boats to support a continuous deck for pedestrian and vehicle travel. The buoyancy of the supports limits the maximum load they can carry.
- Market Based Management (MBM) Guiding Principles
- Value Creation
- Customer Focus